|Home||About Us||News and Events||Charters||Training Center||Association Center||Membership|
Global Training Calendar
ICVS Credential Application Requirements
ICVS Advanced Course in Financial Instruments
Live ICVS Certification Training
ICVS E-learning Course
CFD Training Centers
IACVS’s five-day Certification Training consists of three sections:
1. Best Practices for Business Valuations
This part of the material covers the fundamentals of business valuation:
|Definition of business valuation||Financial analysis|
|Business valuation terminology||Ratio analysis|
|Business valuation process illustrated step-by-step||Select appropriate valuation method|
|Understanding capitalization and discount rates||Select and apply proper marketability or minority discounts|
|Common benefit streams||Professional standards|
|Introduction to standards of value||
Country specific practice (when available)
2. Best Practice for Valuing Intangibles
|How identifying intangibles leads to corporate transparency||Market approach|
|Professional standards - IAS, FAS, IFRS, IVS||Special applications: Brands, Systems and Software, Business|
|Value drivers for intangible assets||Combinations, Impairment Testing, PPA|
|Common approaches to valuing intangibles||Sources and information for intangible asset researches|
|DCF for intangible assets||Illustrations with example|
3. Case Analysis and Report Writing
This course teaches the process of engagement management and report writing. It aims to solidify the fundamental business valuation theory by step-by-step demonstration through a case study and provides practical tips candidates can use in the real world. Candidates will be asked to be familiar with the case facts prior to coming to the class as this fast-paced class will require interactive input from all attendees. This is also a perfect opportunity to examine one’s own practice guidelines and network with other professionals. Candidates will draw on the experience of the instructor or fellow students and learn from each other. You will come away with best practice tips for business valuation engagement from beginning to end.
IACVS Association Membership Application Form
Procedures for ICVS Live Training Class:
1. The training class lasts five days with a multiple-choice examination on the sixth day.
2. After passing the multiple-choice examination, you will receive a package with a standardized valuation situation for which you must analyze and submit a written valuation report. We refer to this as the Case Study exam. Should you not wish to use our standardized case facts, you may use an actual valuation report prepared by yourself (please mask all information concerning the client’s confidential data). Please submit your case report to us within 60 days of receipt of the standardized assignment.
3. After we receive the Case Study exam report from you, we will grade it by using the case report requirements covered in the training. It usually takes us 4-6 weeks to grade the case report. We will then report the final results to you.
4. When you have passed both the multiple choice exam and the case study, you will be granted an ICVS certificate which will be mailed to you.
Copyright © 2001-2021 IACVS All Rights Reserved