|Home||About Us||News and Events||Charters||Training Center||Association Center||Membership|
ICVS Advanced Course in Financial Instruments,July 10-13, 20202020-06-28 Hits:
Date - Live Zoom: July 10-13 Saturday/Sunday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM EST
In the world of accounting and valuation, much consternation exists among CPAs, Government Auditors, Finan- cial Analysts, and Credentialed Valuators regarding the determination of the fair value of financial instruments.
Both the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) have identified the fair value reporting of financial instruments as one of the top priorities needing improvements.
Most prominent among the reasons given for the failures to accurately determine the values of these financial constructs is the complexity of these instruments, which are steadily increasing as a result of enhanced computing capabilities. And, this concern is not limited to the United States; the International Valuation Standards Council (IVSC) also expressed major concerns over the lack of quality derivative product valuations. To address this issue, the Center for International Business Valuation (www.cfibv.org), a research think tank, consulting, and training organization developed the four-day course Advanced Studies in Financial Instruments.
Who needs to attend:
* Accountants and Auditors
* Chief Financial Officers, Comptrollers, Treasurers
* Valuators, Appraisers, Financial and Equity Analysts, Real Estate Analysts
* Bank Trust Officers, Credit Products Officers, Investment Analysts
* Portfolio Managers, Asset Management Specialists, Mergers and Acquisitions Directors
* Introduction to the valuation profession
* The three valuation approaches
* Fair value accounting and disclosure requirements
* Fair value methodologies and techniques for valuing financial instruments (equities, debt, securitized instruments, and derivatives)
* Python Programming Language using Financial libraries
Class Materials Provided:
* Advanced Studies in Financial Instruments Body of Knowledge Manual
* Six-month online access to lecture slides and videos
* Support for Python financial libraries and related templates
* Apply accounting standards for fair value and under- stand the history behind the fair value movement
* Ascertain the purposes behind the issuance and usage of complex derivative products
* Employ current valuation techniques for these financial products
* Utilize the programming language of Python, which is dominant in the valuation of financial constructs
Continuing Education Units:
This course provides 28 hours of continuing Professional Education units meeting the standards of the Florida State Board of Accountancy and other professional bodies. Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from the Center for International Business Valuation upon successful completion of the course.
$1500 - Live and Online (includes IACVS one year membership fee)
$755 Online (includes IACVS one year membership fee)
Registration and Payment: https://www.mdgu.us/course/ICVSA-B
For more information, please visit https://www.mdgu.us/course/ICVSA-B or call 844-235-0220
- Previous Piece:ICVS - A - Endorsed Trainer Program
- Next Piece:ICVS Advanced Course in Financial Instruments, June 13 & 14, 20 &21 2020